Friday, December 2, 2011

Cookie Truffles

A few years ago, I stumbled across a cookbook with a recipe for Oreo Truffles.  Some of you may have had the pleasure of sampling these the last time I made them, but if not, you are in for something amazing that is incredibly simple!  Since then, I've made these using Oreos and Nutter Butter cookies.  My friend and I have never been able to decide which one is better because they are both so yummy.  I hope you find this recipe a delightful addition to your holiday cookie/candy lists.


Cookie Truffles
1 pkg cream cheese, softened
3 cups cookies of your choice (Oreos, Nutter Butters, etc.), crushed to fine crumbs
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate, white chocolate, or almond bark, melted

Combine cookies and cream cheese until evenly blended. 
Shape into one-inch balls. 
Dip into melted chocolate. 
Place onto wax paper covered baking sheet. 
Sprinkle with additional cookie crumbs before dry or allow to dry and drizzle with melted contrasting chocolate. 
Keep refrigerated until serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment